Thailand is a place full of attractions and adventures waiting for every type of person. From sports to history to art, no matter what your interests are you are sure to find a fun activity in or around Bangkok. Here is a compiled list of seven things to do that are not only fun but family friendly. Immerse yourself completely, and discover the endless possibility of experiences. There are lessons you have yet to learn and memories that are waiting to be made!
- Outside of Bangkok, on the old road to the beach resort of Pattaya, lies a relatively little known park dedicated to preserving Thai cultural heritage in the form of the many significant buildings and historical places from throughout the country. A visit to the Ancient City of Bangkok is a great way to spend the day with your kids. This is a huge tranquil park which features the many beautiful sites of Thailand. You can rent a golf cart (four seater) to explore this place. This is a popular place for Thai school children to visit so your kids might make some new friends here
- Learn directly from professional Thai cooks who will teach you about the flavours, ingredients and techniques in cooking Thai food. You’ll get to taste the food as you go. And finally, at the end of your class, you’ll get an apron and certificate to take home with you. Take a cooking class with the kids. It will be quite impressive to your friends and family to know that during your stay in Thailand, you mastered Thai cuisine. There are several schools offering delicious menus to choose from. The cooking class is a great way to learn about Thai food and it’s history. The best part is you get to eat your meal when you are done. This is one of the great family-friendly things to do in Bangkok.
- A bike tour is one of the fun ways to explore Bangkok with children. Bangkok Biking can arrange a private bike tourfor your family. There are a selection of tours to fit your day plan and last anywhere from 1 hour to 2 days. You can choose a variety of tours that take you on paths curving through the city, the countryside or the mountains. Bike seats for babies and toddlers as well as children’s bikes are available.
4. Ziplining is a fun Bangkok attraction for the family. Your teenagers will love this one! Even younger kids can participate (Minimum height is 3 feet, 3 inches). You will drive 1.5 hours outside of Bangkok into the rain forest where you will have 3 km of zip-lining to do. There is also a treetop obstacle course for added excitement and adventure!
5. Visit the markets of Bangkok. On a weekend or evening with not much to do, taking a walk through the market can be so fun you will not realize how much time has passed! There are different types of markets such as Pak Klong Talat (Flower market) where you can even participate in making Thai flower crafts to take home with you, enjoy the scenery and the wonderful floral scents as you walk through the market. Another type of market is Dalat Roi Fai, a train market located near Seacon Square that focuses on more kid-friendly things and has restaurants, vintage themed bars and shops that sell artistic pieces for adults.
6. Set among lush tropical greenery, Silom Village captures the spirit of old Bangkok through a compound of 17 well-preserved Thai antique houses dating back to the glorious era of King Rama V.The complex features a hotel (Silom Village Inn), and a shopping arcade where an impressive collection of fine antiques, handicrafts, lacquer-finished products, jewelry, Thai silk, and furniture can be found. Besides the shopping arcade, you can also enjoy authentic Thai and international cuisine at the Silom Village Restaurant, complete with a Thai classical dance show.
7. Beach trips are one of the most popular types of holidays to go on whether you are with family, friends or exploring solo! However, for families who want a quieter and secluded beach to relax on. Hua Hin is a great option. Three quiet beaches located in Hua Hin are heading south, beyond Suan Son is Khao Tao where the Sai Noi and Sai Yai beaches are. These are smaller beaches but also quiet, scenic and perfect for a family outing. There is a newly-opened golf course at the Suan Son Army Camp so Suan Son beach is ideal for families where some want to golf and some want to use the beach. Mom and Dad can golf while the kids frolic, only a couple of hundred meters from each other. Both the beach and the golf club have restaurants.